TriStar Meditech Training for Nursing Students
Welcome to Meditech Training for all of the TriStar Health facilities. We are pleased that you will be coming to one of our facilities as a component of your clinical education this academic term.
Please visit each of the tabs below to learn about our electronic health record system and prepare for your first day of clinical!
You will need approximately 3 hours to complete this content not including the time needed to take the quiz. This content should be viewed using a laptop or a computer. It is not compatible with tablets.
Download and Print the Student Nurse Quick Reference Guide as a reference for this training.
Complete each of the following modules.
1. Introduction & Navigation (2:51 minutes)
2. Meditech Keyboard & Mouse (4:47 minutes)
3. Meditech SignOn (5:04 minutes)
Patient Care 2
8. Process Interventions Navigation (3:02 minutes)
9. EBCD Navigation (4:45 minutes)
10. Teach-Educate (3:16 minutes)
11. Vital Signs (4:07 minutes)
12. Assessment Full Body (6:42 minutes)
13. Routine Daily Care (1:55 minutes)
14. Selected Focus Systems (3:13 minutes)
15. IV Start (6:12 minutes)
16. IV Monitor (2:19 minutes)
17. View History (3:48 minutes)
18. View History Edit (3:43 minutes)
19. IV Instance (4:48 minutes)
20. Patient Notes (11:49 minutes)
24. Bar Code Medication Administration Introduction (16:11 minutes)
25. Student Medication Review (3:55 minutes)
26. Single Medication Administration (8:52 minutes)
27. Lower – Higher Dose Administration (11:45 minutes)
28. Comfort Medication Administration (3:54 minutes)
29. Insulin Administration (3:13 minutes)
30. Editing Medication Administration Entries (6:23 minutes)
31. Other Functions (8:53 minutes)
32. Clinical Pharmacology (3:25 minutes)
TriStar Meditech Training Quiz
You will need your QUIZ Username/Password that you created when taking the General Orientation Quiz. Please do not set up a new Quiz account if you have used the system this academic year. If you need assistance with retrieving your QUIZ Username & Password, please use the Get Help Link. If you have not yet set up a Quiz account, refer to the OrientPro FAQ Link for assistance.
Make sure that you take the appropriate quiz!
TriStar Meditech Training QUIZ AY2020-2021
Please write the quiz name down to avoid taking needless quizzes. Remember that your FERPA release allows your quiz data to be shared with TCPS Clinical Facilities. You will have the opportunity to print a completion certificate once you pass the quiz.
Take the Quiz Close the Quiz Screen to return to this page!
Meditech Training Evaluation
To receive your username and password you must submit your completed Confidentiality and Security Agreement found in your assigned TriStar facility’s orientation content to your school or instructor.
You will receive your username and password from your instructor prior to or on your first clinical day.